The Lost Signal SCP v0.23 The Lost Signal SCP v0.23

I can't help but imagine myself being on the creator's seat. Having an idea but crafting the game from scratch. Adding to the game and improving my skills in the process thinking that even if it's probably not that impressive from the outside every additional thing that I add and work makes me happy.

Even if SCP's itself weren't your creations, how you implement them in the game, how you make us experience them is up to you and this can be a lifetime project.

The "Mission guy" seems kind of odd. I mean we get to know about the mission in the first room and having a few possible places to check in between the first room and him makes you kind of think that you're supposed to look for the place you need to be, but what you really have to do to is to find this guy.

I played only the Mannequin and the Forest level before writing this review. I didn't finish the later.

In the Mannequin level, there were times I wasn't sure what I've observed/what I supposed to observe and mainly... what am I supposed to do. I must have overlooked my objective and when I get to the level I only remembered that the original is not aggressive and you can talk to it... But I didn't know what to do and I'm not sure if there's a way to check what is the objective. Apparently, I completed the level not knowing what I actually accomplished to be able to get out. It was probably my fault, but I wonder if having a way to check my objective wouldn't be good.

Being able to check my controls would be nice. I didn't even know I could run in this game... Well... I would figure it out if I would check buttons from the beginning...

Some may say that we should get more information on the SCP's in the game itself, but if I'm correct people who were used to test SCP's didn't know that much about them either.

Well... I think I can't review it fully subjectively and this is version 0.23 so I'll say it's cool.

FI-TER FI-TER

I found it kind of ironic that the first thing I noticed about FITER is that it doesn't FIT on the screen and top of the title is chopped off. Not sure if it's my browser fault though.

Some kind of information how to use and that you need to use the switching mechanic would be nice.

Well... it's was obviously made to fit on a phone screen so there comes this weird feeling that this isn't how we supposed to experience it. On the computer I mean.

The art ranges from a bit lacking to nice.

There isn't much to say about the gameplay. Kind of boring for me. I'm not really a fan of the fact that my character moves to the center automatically. When I'm on the right side of the screen and there is a path on the center my instinct tells me I need to go left, but what I have to do is to don't touch a thing. It's mildly frustrating.

In conclusion. I see potential in you to create a nice looking gaming app.

Rats Newgrounds Rats Newgrounds

This is terrible... Using anything other than slipper makes me feel like I'm only prolonging this experience.
Do you like doing the same thing over and over? Good, because you need to click a bunch of times on one rat/mouse and then you have to do it... times 200... per level.

Boomerang Chang 2 Boomerang Chang 2

"-Hey, let's make a game in which enemies come from both sides but since you have a boomerang you can only shoot right.
-Why can't you just shoot left too?...
-The game is going to be more challenging this way, duh..."

Do we really have to cripple game characters to make games "more challenging"?

If I got it totally wrong and there's an actual reason why you can only shoot right I'd like to know it.
(And yes, I know that this is a continuation of the serie)

sushistory responds:

"-Hey, sure there is a reason."

Blind Typer Blind Typer

Why the "correct sound" plays only every other time?...
Also... some of the letters are impossible for me to distinguish when they're said in these voices(especially the woman's voice) I'm talking about letters similar to "B".

Cave of Bad Things Cave of Bad Things

Why does it have Flappy Bird controls and I can jump in the air indefinitely?

SyCx1 responds:

just how the gameplay was designed. the infinite jump is like samus' spin attack from the metroid games.

Resident Evil Ebola Resident Evil Ebola

It's obvious that a lot of effort was put into this game but... since it's not your first one... it has A LOT of flaws.
1. The screen is tiny... Game doesn't look bad but well... I can't really see it close enough.
2. You've put this much effort and still you've used random font from MS Paint? Or something that looks like it.
3. At the beginning it feels like cutscenes interrupt like every 10 seconds of the gameplay.
4. Controls... pick up with Enter and extra key for shooting upwards? Really?

MetaMike responds:

The font used was the closest to the resident evil games I could find, assuming you haven't played them btw. I actually had to search and download that font, also it varies depending on if you have the font downloaded or not. I notice a handful of different computers and such project their own font into the game so you may be seeing a different font from the one I used.

The screen being small is a valid complaint, that's something I've been thinking of enlarging but then again we all have the zoom function available as well.

Also you can skip the cutscenes at any point with Enter. It says it in game but perhaps I need to emphasize that more as well.

As for the controls I haven't had any complaints at all regarding that but enter does pretty much everything and W shoots upwards but you rarely have to shoot upwards so I can't see that being much of an issue. Thanks for the feedback.

Raccoon Rampage Raccoon Rampage

3D game on this site? Pretty rare.
Don't break the flow of the game every time someone accomplishes anything in this game. You can add the instructions on the go.
Also... what does rampage even do?

I Broke The Time I Broke The Time

Wow, the beginning music sounds a bit similar to Overworld theme from PC version of Rayman 2. Well, it could last a bit longer than 7 seconds looping forever though.
Concept is nice. Artwork and music aren't bad as well.
Keep up the good work.

Galactic Voyage Galactic Voyage

Your instruction about collecting red orbs really confused me at first I was like "I don't see any red orbs... I mean... the enemies are orbs and they leave red trail maybe I got it all wrong and these aren't enemies."
Don't call these barely visible red particles thah enemies drop "orbs"... they're not orbs... You could call them particles but you should really make them bigger first.

FrankJohnson responds:

Thanks for the criticism!